- Univerre’s studio
The Univerre Studio : What is it?
Univerre’s Studio is a creative and interactive glass packaging showroom located in our headquarters in Sierre, Switzerland. This interactive showroom offers a unique experience in Europe. This is because you can not only be inspired by current projects in this showroom, but also create your desired packaging design and initial sketches on site. Experience the full range of glass design possibilities, such as printing on glass or creating your own bottle or glass shape. The guiding principle is: inspiration.
A creative space
Thanks to our expansive network of glass suppliers and glass producers we can identify the perfect glass bottle manufacturer tailored to your needs. Furthermore, we can provide comprehensive logistic services, from the glass factory to storage to final delivery. We provide examples of trending packaging and use our idea generation and design expertise to take clients beyond the trend. Through these design ideas, we conduct the perfect product roadmap.
Therefore, our facility provides the ideal environment for product development teams, graphic designers, and partners to collaborate and bring their new glass packaging products to market.No matter what stage of the design thinking process you are at, after visiting the studio you will be able to have created your perfect glass packaging for the most part. The breathtaking views of the Valais mountains and valleys will help inspire your visionary creations.
The seven stages of the Studio
The Univerre Studio is divided into 7 stages, along the development path of your new glass packaging and the perfect packaging design: from the sourcing or definition of a mold, to the design of the print, to the production of a first prototype. Our experts will provide you with the necessary support to make your project a success.
Discover our full selection of glass products. We offer glass wine bottles, glass beer bottles, glass packaging for non-alcoholic beverages, glass spirit bottles, cosmetic packaging, decanters and drinking glasses as well as glass jar packaging and preserving jars. For clients and design agencies specialized in packaging design, we offer workshops at the Univerre Studio. These are accompanied by our professional product designers and tailored to your specific needs.
Packaging Design at Univerre’s Studio – During your visit you will experience the following:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of our company and the services we offer.
- Explore our range of bottles and drinking glasses and compare colors, weights, and bottlenecks provided by the largest glass manufacturers around the world.
- Keep up with the latest trend in glass packaging to ensure your product stands out.
- Discover the poissibilites of a Smart Bottle and intelligent packaging designs.
- Learn all about different printing methods on glass. Depending on your need or requirement, we have the perfect printing method or you. You can choose to use one of our standard bottle forms or you can design your own bottle shape exactly as you desire. Once the mold is created, we can turn it into reality.
The interactive features of our showroom
The studio offers an immersive and interactive experience to visitors. The studio provides a comprehensive, engaging experience for visitors, featuring seven distinct stages with touch screens, audio and video systems, motion sensors, and virtual reality technologies to facilitate idea generation and product innovation for existing products or those in the making.The studio enables our customers to develop new concepts with added value.
Why should you visit the Studio?
- To create your own glass product and get good insights and information of product development.
- Personal consultation is a top priority at the studio. No matter what segment or business area you come from, we can provide you with accurate advice and support you in your decision making.
- Product ideas can be brought to market faster. The studio allows us to quickly identify your needs and develop products to meet those needs.
- Take advantage of years of market experience and product development. The studio offers access to over 39 years of experience, so you can get all the information you need regarding a packaging design and make decisions faster.
Get in touch with our studio manager to arrange your guided tour
What you can expect in the studio
All about glasspackaging
In the first stage of the studio we will introduce you to all the details regarding glass packaging. Colors, shapes, weight and the different types of bottle openings can be viewed and examined on the spot. We find the right glass bottle manufacturer in correspondence with your color, shape, or weight preferences. Through the interactive studio, you can directly design your final product. Compare filled bottles with empty bottles to learn about all aspects of packaging. The following questions are answered in this first step:
- Which bottle shape is suitable for my product?
- Which glass color corresponds to my brand?
- Which weight of glass packaging corresponds to my idea?
- Which opening/closure is most suitable for my glass packaging?
The current trend in Packaging Design
In the second stage, we will show you the current trends in the field of packaging design. This stage will answer the following questions for you:
- Does my brand want to conform to the trend?
- Does my product want to go beyond the trend?
- How does my company and brand want to stand out from the crowd?
Digitalization and innovation
The third stage of the studio will introduce you to the world of digitalization and innovation in relation to glass packaging. The following questions will be answered for you:
- Can I add digital value to my product or brand?
- Do I want to place my product in an innovative way?
- Are there innovative solutions to modernize my glass packaging?
Personalization on glass packaging and drinking glasses
Glass printing has been perfected in the last few years. Especially digital printing on glass opens up a whole new world of personalization. In this step, we will give you all the possibilities and insights regarding personalization on glass. The following questions will be answered:
- Do I want to highlight my product with personalization on glass packaging?
- What are the possibilities of glass printing?
- Do I want to make my product particularly eye-catching?
The heart of the studio: the workspace
In the workspace of the studio you will be able to start creating your vision with the insight you have already gained in the world of glass packaging. Accompanied by our design expert, you will already be able to create a first sketch of your glass packaging and its design. You will get the following insights in the workspace:
- First sketch of your own bottle shape
- First insight how a glass print on your glass packaging / drinking glass could look like
Your own bottle or drinking glass shape
In the sixth stage of the studio, we will show you all the possibilities regarding your own bottle or drinking glass shape. We connect you with the premium glass factory or glass producer to craft your custom bottle or glass shape with a personalized mold. Each bottle in the studio will tell its own success story to inspire you in the best way for your product. We will answer the following questions here:
- What are the possibilities to create your own bottle shape?
- What are the minimum order quantities?
- What are the do’s and don’ts when it comes to creating your own bottle shape?
The world of Univerre
After you have seen the entire Univerre value chain and have been fully inspired, we invite you to discover our headquarters locations, the Hive. Whether you want to hold an intimate workshop for your brand or product, or have lunch, our offices are at your disposal. The following services are also available to you:
- Thinking Zone: After the impressions of the studio, you can exchange ideas with your team and refine your concept in the Thinking Zone.
- Wellbeing: Our headquarters is a “place to live.” After the intensive working hours in the studio, you can exchange ideas over lunch or dinner, or enjoy a cozy aperitif in our salon.
- No Stress: Let yourself be inspired by the beautiful Valais mountain landscape and design your glass packaging in a relaxed antmosphere. If you have a long arrival or departure, you can also book one of our hotel rooms at our headquarters.
Reviews from our clients
Book the studio
The studio is aimed at beverage manufacturers, packaging design agencies, graphic artists / designers or suppliers to the glass packaging industry.
If you are interested in booking the studio, contact us and we will put together your personal studio experience. During each visit, you will be accompanied by a packaging designer and a representative from Univerre.